Hello weekend! Do you have anything exciting planned for this weekend?
Although, it’s been a couple of weeks since my last blog post, I have been doing a lot of researching and reading. Today’s post, I thought I would do a “If We Were Having Coffee”.
Read my last “If We Were Having Coffee”
Grab your cup of coffee or tea, sit and let’s chat for awhile.
Let’s begin. If we were having coffee. . .
- I’d tell you that although I haven’t been posting lately, I’ve been making changes to this website. I have changed the theme, layout, and home page. I’m still not 100% happy with the Sela Theme but at the same time, it’s close to what I have in mind for this blog.
- I’d tell you that I have big plans for this blog. I’ve have been thinking of switching it over to wordpress.org. There is a lot more I can do with this blog if it’s self-hosted. I’ve been trying to weigh the pros and cons of staying here on wordpress.com vs. wordpress.org.
- I’d tell you about all the research that I’ve been doing on email newsletters. With some of the changes to this site, the next progression is to add a newsletter. I don’t want just any newsletter, I want something that adds value to my readers. I’ve been reading a lot of the best practices, readings tips and deciding what type of content that I’d like to see in the newsletter. if you have any ideas or suggestions of what you’d like to see, message me!
- I’d tell you that I’ve been participating in a lot of Twitter chats with @SITSGirls. They are a great resource when it comes to learning how to blog and growing your brand utilizing social media. I’ve also started participating in a few Facebook groups for bloggers, such as: Blogging Boost and DYOB Blog Beautiful.
- I’d tell you that our family is trying to get back into a routine. Outdoor soccer season has started and that means my youngest has practices and games 3 – 4 times a week. This is her first year in a competitive league and she has her first two soccer games today.
- I’d tell you that my oldest has been busy with her blog Red Sands Reviews and Ramblings. She has recently posted 2 cover reveals for YA Author Shannon A. Thompson and has 5 e-books from other authors on the go. In other news, she received her 3rd quarter report card and has a school average of 94%.
- And finally but not least, last weekend, I entered a Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament. It was a fundraiser for a local organization. Much to my surprise, I was dubbed “the FIRST, undefeated champion” and won $250 for my winnings. What are the odds of completing it undefeated? Considering the night before, I couldn’t win against my two daughters in a friendly rock, paper, scissors game.
If we were having coffee…what would you tell me? What’s happening in your world?
Find Everything’s Coming Up Rosie On: